Friday, July 31, 2009

Beginnings

July 31,2009

This is a point of transition in my life. I am a grandmother, retired and living in the country. Al and I have made our final arrangements to live in Paju,South Korea for one year. We will be leaving for Toronto on Aug.11 (so Al can have a ten minute interview with the Korean Consulate in order to obtain his working visa stamp), then we will depart for South Korea Aug.12 at 0830hours.

Although I will miss family and friends, I do look on this as an adventure. I have decided to blog in order to share this experience with you. I look forward to hearing from you,

Take care, Heidie

6 comments:

  1. Hey there! I am now officially "following" your blog. Have an amazing year (one moment at a time). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allan and Heidie, Bon Voyage and best of Luck on your adventure. Take care, your friends Qurie Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good flight into Korea, and everything went smooth at the airport. You can post pictures on your blog...take some of the apartment and post them on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your flight was ok. Get some rest and start taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heidie --
    Got your email and blog today. Was this a surprise to be going so soon? Here I was feeling guilty that I hadn't followed up on your idea of Rilla and I coming to the lake? Guess that could be next year.
    Hope you have an amazing time.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete