Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week-end Trips


























This week-end Al had Saturday off so we thought we would do some Christmas shopping at the Namdaeman Market in Seoul.

















Al described this lower entrance as going into the pit of hell.
















He became more more claustrophobic as we proceeded and had to stop periodically to "breathe".













This need to deep breathe was not helped by the fact that we were now in the midst of a fish market!
























And by the way, the promise of respite from the (green) AROMA sign was not true! The smell of coffee was no match for the fish



















We then headed for the department store..... which was just as crowded












....and found our way outside where Al could breathe again!!!














So how did he deal with his stress???? He bought a beautiful leather jacket from this gentleman. His energy was channelled into negotiating a good price and the transaction was over in less than five minutes.














A few minutes later this gentleman stopped Al and asked where he was from. After their chat we learned he is from Iran attending a metropolitan police conference in Seoul.





























We were quite amused when we spotted this well dressed crossing guard.











As you can see his services are very necessary!


















Although I didn't find anything for myself (I don't tend to notice the hustle and bustle), I did manage to find several small gifts.







































One example of a Korean Festival of which there are many. Koreans love festivals!

















On Sunday morning we took another walk through Heyri Village since Al had to work in the afternoon.
I understand one or two of you prefer to see people in my pictures so Al generously agreed to pose.
pose.











I think he is beginning to like posing for me! He is even beginning to smile is spite of the fact he will be back at work in an hour.




















I cannot get over the beautiful colors, so bear with me as I try to share this beauty with you.



While you are looking at my scenery pictures, I will answer some of the questions you have asked....





No I have not eaten eel but I did try pig intestine which I found dreadful.





The music here is eclectic, there is a jazz festival going on right now.





No I am not fluent in Korean but I do hope to take Korean lessons at some point.









We are back at English Village, cheers until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I apologize to my readers for not being able to correct my formatting problem.

    ReplyDelete