Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer at Last!?

Today is the longest day of the year and now the days will become shorter.  This is sad, in light of the cold and rainy weather we have had so far this month.

 The land in the Interlake area is saturated and flooded in places.  The farmers in this area are frustrated, and badly need a break in the weather.


 I finally got my beautiful bike the beginning of June and have tried to ride whenever the weather permits.  

  Visits with the grandchildren are wonderful, but we have found out it is impossible to ride when they are underfoot.  

 Finally the sun has shown itself and the sky is blue!   Al and I are now training for our next adventure.  We will be spending the month of January cycling in India.  This means training until then.  I was fit for trekking, but I have to start all over again to be fit for cycling.  It never ends!!



No comments:

Post a Comment