Monday, November 16, 2009

Yongsan Electronics Market




Al found my lost photo file!  Thought I would share my day in the famous electronic market in Seoul.    First of all it was not easy to find.  I searched two hours before finding the tunnel that takes you to the market area.


 This was my view coming out of the tunnel.  From the throngs of people, I knew I was in the right place.As I mentioned earlier, trying to find something in this market is like trying to find a thimble in a junk drawer!  There is no rhyme or  reason in terms of plan in layout and all the signs or at least the majority of them are in Korean.The aisles are endless and filled with displays and people.  The Koreans are used to crowds and have no problem barging and jostling.  We are always told not to take this personally as it is a way of life here.  There is also the noise of the street vendors who are yelling out their deals.  I find it takes a lot of concentrating and focus not to be overwhelmed.  Although I enjoy the atmosphere, I do get exhausted by the end of the afternoon.This place is for computer nerds.  Not for someone who does not know how to text or use the camera in their cell phone.  I saw lots, but not what I was looking for.But I kept looking......Didn't even stop to eat!!!But kept looking.....Until I felt as exhausted as this poor soul looks.  Think I will take Al next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment