Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cooking in Korea

Given the limited utensils, no oven, but a gas stove top with two elements (I love cooking with gas!) and limited food supplies, I did manage to cook dinner last night.

The menu consisted of 1) mung bean pancakes to which I added shrimp and green onions 2) Soy Glazed Chicken with rice.
The beverage served was Heinekin beer.
Although I think I would make the pancakes thinner next time, Al agreed the meal turned out pretty well.

The pancakes were from a mix, but I can give you the recipe for the chicken:

SOY HONEY GLAZE
1/2 c soy sauce
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c honey
1 tsp olive oil

Cut 3 chicken breasts into bite size pieces and mix with 3 cloves chopped garlic
Marinate in 1 cup glaze for 20 minutes then simmer for another 20 minutes
I added chopped green pepper as my own preference

Enjoy!!

1 comment: